1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. TO ENTER: Enroll in Business Extra between April 18, 2014 and April 28, 2014 using the promo code KFORUM or email Aleda.email@example.com your Business Extra account number by April 28, 2014 at 6pm PST to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Limit one (1) entry per person. You do not need to be present to win.
3. PRIZE DETAILS. One (1) winning Company will receive ten thousand (10,000) Business Extra Program points (ARV: $2,487.50). Receipt, use and redemption of points are subject to the terms and conditions at www.aa.com/businessextra. Winning Company is responsible for any applicable fees, federal, state and local taxes, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize, including any travel related thereto.
4. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to corporations, companies, limited partnerships or limited liability partnerships or equivalent legal entities (hereinafter “Company”) recognized under applicable law, registered and in good standing in the 50 United States at the time of entry and at the time the prize is awarded to a company that has presented at the Keiretsu Forum Deal Screening in the past three years and who has either enrolled in Business Extra using the KFORUM promo code between April 18, 2014 and April 28, 2014 or emailed their valid Business Extra account number to Aleda.Schaffer@aa.com before April 28, 2014 at 6:00 pm PST. Individuals may be authorized to enter on behalf of their Company; however, a Company selected will receive a prize; no individual will receive a prize. Companies that have a corporate sales agreement, discount or other agreement with American Airlines or American Eagle Airlines are not eligible to participate. Employees and agents of Sponsor, and its parent and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On May 1, 2014, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes Company’s consent to use of its name and/or logo without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting prize, winning Company acknowledges compliance with these official rules. Sponsor reserves the right to determine whether or not the laws of the jurisdiction of the country where a potential winning Company is located permits the awarding of the prize under these rules without what Sponsor in its sole discretion believes to be a detrimental effect upon Sponsor. In the event Sponsor makes such determination, it may deny making an award to such potential winning Company and thereafter award the prize in question to another eligible Company selected through random drawing. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential winning Company will be notified by email the week following the prize drawing. The an employee of the potential winning Company will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winning Company. If winning Company does not have a Business Extra account, Sponsor will create a Business Extra account on behalf of the Company for the purposes of awarding the prize. Prize will be credited to Business Extra account within approximately four weeks after the verification of the winner(s). If any prize, prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, or prize winning Company fails to meet eligibility requirements, the prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winning Company from all remaining eligible entries.
Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable.
6. AMERICAN AIRLINES BUSINESS EXTRA POINTS. Business Extrasm points can be redeemed for over 40 award options, including flight awards and upgrades on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, or the American Connection® carrier), Admirals Club® memberships, day passes and conference room rentals, and AAdvantage® Gold status and other awards available at https://www.businessExtra.com/ShowAwards.do. For flight awards, Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the Business Extrasm award travel. American may amend, in its discretion, the Business Extrasm Program Rules and program awards at any time without notice. This means that the accumulation of points does not entitle Members to any vested rights for points, program awards, or other program benefits. In accumulating points or program awards, Members may not rely upon the continued availability of points or any program award, and Members may not be able to obtain all offered program awards for all destinations or on all flights. Any program award may be withdrawn or subject to increased point requirements or new restrictions at any time. American may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any points or program awards; (ii) change program benefits, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting credit, or rules for the use of program awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including without limitation allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of program awards or special offers. American may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though the changes may affect the Member’s or Member Traveler’s ability to use points or program awards that have already accumulated. American reserves the right to end the program with thirty days’ notice. For full Business Extrasm program terms and conditions, see https://www.businessextra.com/home.htm.
7. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
9. TAXES. Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prizes will be taxable to winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the winning Company’s responsibility. Winning Company is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winning Company may be issued applicable tax forms, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual/Company implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the prize to winning Company to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining uncorrupted eligible entries. By entering, individuals and companies agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its parent Company, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor(s) due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any individual or Company who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified.
11. DISPUTES. Individuals and companies agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will individuals or companies be permitted to obtain awards for and individuals and companies hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of individuals and companies and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12. WINNER. To obtain the name of the winning Company, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 4255 Amon Carter Blvd, MD 4407 Attention: Business Extra Program Sweepstakes, Fort Worth, TX 76155. Requests must be received by May 31, 2014.
13. SPONSOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, American Eagle, American Connection and Business Extra are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.